I had two Hoyts cinema vouchers! So yesterday, I watched both Glee: The Concert Movie and Rise Of the Planet Of Apes! Overall, they both are the movies that I'd recommend you to watch.
I'm going to talk about Glee first. I watched it with my roommate Elvira and my classmate Rika.
The movie is basically about the concert. The performances were all amazing. Just like in the film. Their voices are actually astonishing in real life! I was thrilled by the voice, the dance, the whole performance. My eyes were teary since the beginning of the movie (and yes, I'm not exaggerating). I started to sing a long (with a very low volume) and dance to the song. I really want to watch Glee live. It was so awesome. If they're going to Melbourne, I'll definitely watch it.
The only problem is that the movie is too short. When I was expecting to see more performance, it just ended.
Rise Of the Planet Of Apes was also good. The storyline is very interesting. It's a bit complicated - because I think it's too science - but you can actually follow it. I would say, the CGI is the awesomest thing in the movie! Another thing that I like is that James Franco played really good. There was Tom Felton (my fave!) also. He's good too, being a bully. But I always wonder why he's always being the bully.
However, since this is a sci-fi movie, so the feel is different. You know, I don't usually watch a sci-fi. I watch fantasy, action and drama mostly. So I get a different feel. The movie is great and awesome, but I was not that amazed. I would also say that the ending is a bit standard, a bit flat.


LOL, Tom Felton the bully :-p anyway, good review! I wish I could watch these movies though :-(
ReplyDeletewoah, I can't wait for the apes to be shown here! where did u watch it anyway?
ReplyDeleteWell, Draco Malfoy isn't that "bully", he has a good heart haha
@Belinda: Haha yeah he's always the bully :( But I still love him to death though!
ReplyDelete@Joshua: Hehe it's a good movie :) I watched it in Melbourne :) And yes, he's not that "bully" after he's grown up!