Friday, August 5, 2011

Captain America: The First Avenger

"Because a weak man knows the value, of strength. Knows the value, of power."
"Whatever happens, stay who you are. Not just a soldier, but a good man."


Some of you might already know about the story of Captain America. But I never knew; I only know the name. I am not a fan of Marvel comics. But I like to watch movies that are adapted from the Marvel comics.

I watched Captain America with my friend today. It was cool, just like other superhero stories. Some parts are a bit confusing in the beginning, but as the movie goes, it becomes clear. I must say, I like the movie but not so much. The storyline is okay, but not amazing. It does not really touched me. However, the coolest thing is the special effects, I must say!

WARNING: Paragraphs after this might contain spoiler.

This movie would appear awesome to people who love Marvel, superhero and action. I do love superhero. But I think this one is not as amazing as Spiderman or Fantastic 4.

However, I like the messages in the movie. Things about never giving up on what you want. Steve Rogers is a weak and small man. But his desire to be in the army is just unbelievable. He never give up. He keeps trying to apply to be a soldier eventhough he had failed many times. He'd take any chance that he has just to achieve his dream. Like when he was put into the machine, he told not to stop until it reached 100%.

Another point that I like is that about being yourself. Steve has already been a good man since the beginning. That's why Dr. Erskin put him into his Project Rebirth, which then transformed Steve into a way stronger human. Dr. Erskin said that this project would change the bad to worse, and the good to great.

I would say the best effect is when Chris Evans becomes a skinny man in the beginning. It looks so real, and Chris looks different. The other special effects are awesome too, but yeah, they are the same standard as the other movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment