"What if we knew what tomorrow would bring? Would we fix it? Could we?"
"All families have their secrets, most people would never know them, but they know there are spaces, there are gaps where the answers should be, where someone should have sat, where someone used to be"
"All families have their secrets, most people would never know them, but they know there are spaces, there are gaps where the answers should be, where someone should have sat, where someone used to be"
A fun reading book.
This book was written by Cecelia Ahern. A book about a girl who moved out from the city to country. But the story is not only about how she adapt to the new environment. It's more than that. She's in her way to find her own self. A mysterious diary came up to her and changed her whole life, revealing the secrets that are hidden from for years. It is about saving your family. About love. It is about how a book that tells the future. "Sometimes, we don't choose the book. Sometimes, the book chooses us.", said by Cecelia Ahern herself.
(Paragraphs after this might contain spoiler)
It's amazing how an author can arrange a book so neatly that it make the reader curious. I say this because I know it's not an easy thing to do.
Tamara Goodwin is a materialistic girl. I think she judged people from how they look, from what they have. But since the death of her father, which turns out to be not her biological dad, she started to think in a whole different way. She started to see the importance of family. She risked her life to save her family.
This book is confusing in the beginning, because clues and mystery kept coming up. Even Tamara is confused in the book. But then, things started to be clear, and I could see that there was actually hints in the beginning of the book about what's really happening. But you might not get it until you get to the end of the book.
It's a light story but yet so interesting and fun. It is full of inspiration.
Oh I think that novel looks nice story. Cecelia Ahern? I think I know her. Yeah, PSI : I Love You writer hehehe...
ReplyDeleteThanks for visited my blog. :)
Nice shots, good review! :-)
ReplyDelete@Presticilla: Yes, Cecelia Ahern is wel-known for PS I Love You. :) This novel of her is also really good!
ReplyDelete@Belinda: Thanks Beeel :*
I don't read books but this one seems interesting. I love the quotes you put! I actually tweeted some part of them just now. (;
ReplyDelete@Astrid: Yes it is interesting. It's a fun-reading too! Anyway, thankyou for following my blog :)
ReplyDeleteHi there. I think you also have a knack for chick lits. I have been doing book reviews as well (although I am using iBooks and not the paperbacks lol). This Cecelia Ahern book is next on my list actually. Try reading her Thanks for the Memories too, its a fun read! :)
ReplyDeletehttp://rehinagrasia.tumblr.com
based on your review, i really feel this book sounds yummy to eat! ;) i feel like to find and buy it at the bookstore!
ReplyDelete