Monday, November 28, 2011

"The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins



Magnificent. This is another fantasy book that I love after Harry Potter and Narnia! Or maybe I'd say, I love this story better than Harry Potter.

I first knew about the movie's that being adapted from the book, instead of the book itself. It is because Josh Hutcherson (I'm a big fan!) is playing as Peeta Mellark. Since then, I tried to find the book and finally got it!

It is about a country in the future, where it's divided into 12 districts. Each year, one girl and one boy from each district are selected to be played in the reality TV show called The Hunger Games. The game's objective is pretty much to kill each other. The last one survives would be the champion.

A girl from District 12, Katniss Everdeen, volunteered as tribute for her sister. Peeta Mellark, is the boy chosen from District 12. Both of them hate how the Capitol controlled the citizens. They hate how the Capitol somehow act as if they own the tributes. They hate the fact that the public enjoy seeing each tribute killed, one by one.

The story is written so interesting that I bring the book everywhere I go, that I read it everytime I have a little spare time. I went aah and ooh every single time I read it. It's just too good to be true.

It's amazing how Collins created the story to reflect that we should survive for more than one day. It tells how we never be grateful of what we have until it's gone, until it's hard for us to get. It tells about how we should fight to death to survive - to reach our dreams. It reflects the society that does what the Powerful One wants them to do.

I can't stop thinking about it. I'm gonna get the second and third book soon! This makes me cannot wait for the movie. I think it's a good decision to pick Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss, Josh Hutcherson as Peeta and Alexander Ludwig as Cato.

Now, go, buy and read the book! It's worth it really. I think it's the best book that I've read in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment