Beautifully written. Such a inspiring book it is. The book is based on his own experience when he became a pilgrim in the Road to Santiago. He shared what he learnt and how it can be applied in our daily life. You can found his pictures in the book during the pilgrimage.
Coelho is always good at stringing words. Here are some quotes from the book that I like:
"The good fight is the one that's fought in the name of our dreams."
"You have your own way of living your life, of dealing with problems, and of winning. Teaching is only demonstrating that it is possible. Learning is making it possible for yourself."
"The only way to make the right decision is to know what the wrong decision is,"
"Everything is contained in sounds - the past, the present and the future. The person who does not know how to listen will never hear the advice that life offers us all the time. And only the person who listens to the sounds of the moment is able to make the right decisions."
"The only reason for seeking a reward is to know what to do with that reward."
There are actually more heartwarming quotes that you can find in the book. I just can't write all of them here!
However, for me, the story is a bit confusing and complicated. There's too much going on. I'd say I prefer his earlier work, The Alchemist.
sounds like a nice book:) haven't read any of his work earlier though! x
ReplyDeleteI love Coelho's poetry!! I like this post!
ReplyDeleteTake a look at my blog, and if you like it follow me, I’ll be waiting for you!
Don’t forget to enter the ZELEB giveaway on my blog!!
Cosa mi metto???
cool,, i always love the way coelho write.. simple but elegant.. seems like i also write your blog, such a cool site hehe :) wanna exchange link??
ReplyDelete