I have moved from one school to another. I have been in a situation where the people have a whole different standard from the circle that I was in previously. I do realized when I'm in a new environment, I'd more likely to compare it with the previous environment. And often I feel like the previous one is way better.
This happened to me when I got into year 7, when I moved to a new school. I thought everything was so strict. I felt like I was being watched every second, by either teachers or seniors. But then the memories turned out to be priceless and unforgettable. When I got to year 10, I went to a new school again. Everything was different, I felt free. All people are friendly and kind. But then again, I realized the standard was different. What I considered as disgusting in JHS seems to be a cool thing to do in my new school. I noticed that there are some people that would've been mocked and laughed at if they were in my JHS. But these people can fit in. Pretty cool; but still, it was kinda a shock to me at first.
But I turned out to love it very much. I learnt a lot of things in high school. Some teachers are not only smart, but inspirational. My best friends in high school, are all loyal (and so do my friends in JHS). They are there when I'm excited, when I'm angry, when I'm sad, when I'm hurt and when I'm helpless. They gave the most helpful advice and help. They all have dreams, and I now they put efforts to reach it. They're absolutely not the type of girls who talk about brands or other elite stuff. They're so simple and I like it that way, it makes me comfortable. They are smart, brave and sensitive girls. They understand how I feel, and they make efforts to put their positions in mine. They say sorry, please and thank you all the time. It might sound simple, but I didn't realize until now how annoying it is when someone doesnt say those three words.
The most important thing is they are all original, none of them is fake (I don't make generalization here, I'm talking about my best 8 girls in high school). Each of them is unique. And somehow these differences put us together. We sometimes have different thoughts/opinions. But then these girls appreciate one another's. That's what I like about them. And I would take these different thoughts as lessons. So I learn a lot from them.
I cried last night; because I miss them so. I can't believe how amazing these girls are, and I can't believe I just realized it now. New things and difference that I'm facing in college life has opened my eyes that these girls are so valuable. They would understand me; what I like/dislike, and they'd respect it for me. Now I feel like there's something missing.
Friends who support me. Friends who told me to do good things and avoid the bad. Friends who eventhough have different views, but we have our goal and we fought to get it. We are all in one journey to a dream, but we go in different ways. Our goals are not mostly for money, not mostly to be rich and wasting money, not mostly to enter the best university. Our goals are to create things, to give things that would benefit people, to help, to inspire, to be creative, to be original, to share and to make the world a better place. At least, that's my goal. But I could tell those are my besties' too.
I miss you, Belinda, Zeta, Maureen, Jenisa, Keke, Cherryn, Stefanie and Kristina.
Awww Shar :'-) I miss you heaps too! Thank you for this post, me smurfs you! <3
ReplyDelete:*:* Me smurfs all of youuu!!
ReplyDelete