My father always says that I have to be a positive-thinker. I have to think and ensure myself that I am able to do particular things. Never say that 'I cannot'. You are actually capable, but it is your own mind and feeling that prevent you from being able to do things.
I used to be that girl who's scared of meeting new people because of what would they think about me. I used to be that girl who did not have the guts to speak out because I'm afraid I'd make mistakes. I used to be that girl who did not want to step out from my comfort zone because I thought I cannot do things out of it. But guess what? It is all just my thoughts. These negative thoughts prevent me from having new experiences, prevent me from meeting amazing people and prevent me from having knowledge.
If you think you cannot do a particular thing, look around you. Other people can, how can you not? Learn from them. Learn how they do it and learn their mistakes. You might want to ask their advices, don't be shy. But in the end, you have to do it in your own way.
Don't always tell other person to do things for you - do it yourself. You might learn something from it. You will gain something then. You might make mistakes, but we all learn from mistakes. Without mistakes, we have no experience. Without experience, we know very little about life.
Don't be afraid to step out from your comfort zone, it makes you grow. As quoted in Muhammad Assad's Notes From Qatar, "There's no comfort in growth zone and there's no growth in comfort zone". Don't you want to learn and experience new things? It is actually amazing when you have a lot of experiences - it means you know a lot. It is even waaay better when you know things that are not in your circle of interests. Don't you like it when you are full of knowledge? :)
I, myself feel like I'm lack of experience and knowledge. I want to learn many things. I want to meet many people. Sometimes, the fear haunts me too - the fear of not being accepted or the fear of making mistakes. I always try to become a positive thinker, as my parents always told me too. But there's time that I am not. So it is still a challenge for me too.
But remember, be positive, but be realistic at the same time.
Hi! First I'm sorry this comment is about nothing to your post. I was blogwalking back, seeing your Previous Artworks and I was totally WOWED. Those. Are. AWESOME!! Especially the portrait of Diana Agron.
ReplyDeleteBy the way thanks for commenting on my blog. I really, really appreciate it, Sharin. You rock! :)
Great blog u have here :) a new follower i am.
ReplyDeletePositivity, gogogo! ;D
Thanks, and you're welcome! :)
ReplyDeleteWell, maybe I'll put some ads by google on it. But I hope that's not just a dream! :P