Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

“The bird, the pin, the song, the berries, the watch, the cracker, the dress that burst into flames. I am the mockingjay. The one that survived despite the Capitol's plans. The symbol of the rebellion.” 


The Hunger Games is always fun to read. There's a challenge in every page. I found myself being excited when I'm reading it. Suzanne Collins is a genius.

(Paragraph after this contain spoiler)



Katniss is back in the game, since the third Quarter Quell is to bring all the living champions back to the arena. She aimed to not save her life, but Peeta's instead.

She found herself being a symbol of rebellion - she didn't know this in the first place. Her act in the first book of eating the berries has put shame on the Capitol and give courage to people in different districts. Everyone tried to save Katniss' life. Even some of the champions who fought her in the arena agreed to risk their lives for her.

Katniss realized that she and her family and her close friends are all in danger. I like how Katniss was worried about Peeta, Gale, her mother, Prim, Haymitch and other people instead of herself while she was in the arena.

The atmosphere is so intense. It really does make your heart beats faster. I really don't want to take my eyes off of the page. Eventhough I finished the book in a relevantly short time, but I know that I'm  still dwelling in the book.

Again, the end of story is shocking and hanging. I've bought the third book (I cant resist!), I'll just have to find the right time to read it.

Before this book, I finished Jodi Picoult's Nineteen Minutes - a different genre, but still a great one. However, I know that I'm more into The Hunger Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment